Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl: Baking Up a Storm

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Baking Up a Storm



So I was feeling the itch so do a little baking yesterday. Something I haven't made for awhile. And then it hit me... peanut butter cookies. Both The Man and I like them with a firm and slightly crumbly outside with a soft inside. I found my recipe that I always use and got to work. When The Man saw the recipe that I was making he got excited and stood beside the oven and watched the cookies while they baked. I actually had to shoo him away at one point so I could get in and out of the oven. When he got a still warm cookie you would have thought he died and went to heaven.
So here is the recipe that I always use. Once I found this one, I never experiemnted. Why mess with perfection? These are not for someone who is one a diet as they contain butter and shortening but it is the shortening that gives them that perfect soft centre.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt


Cream the butter, butter flavored shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and blend. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.

Measure out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make criss-cross pattern with fork.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 8-10 minutes until set, but not hard. Do not overbake. Leave on sheets for 2 minutes before removing. Cool, and store in covered container.



Tomorrow is More Gram's recipe for banana bread.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

My spouse loves pb cookies too.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Mmm...Peanut Better Cookies! Did you realize that's what you call them in your banana bread post?

10:43 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

OMG! Too funny! I didn't even see that. Must have been a subconcious thought. I better change it back to better. ;)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 peas Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Site Ring
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet