Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl: Liqueurs

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Liqueurs

I just wanted to mention that since I started this blog in April, I have had over 1,150 visitors!
Thanks for visiting everyone. And thanks for continuing to visit.


While I was sufing around Jennifer's site, I stumbled upon Alice's blog. It was here that I read her recipe for Raspberry Vodka. I had a basket full of blueberries and I starting searching for other possible alcoholic drinks that I could make. I found exactly what I was looking for. Liqueurs. Very simple and easy to make. I ended up making both Raspberry and Blueberry Liqueurs.

1 lb. (450 g) berries or fruit
3 cups (710 ml) 80-proof vodka (or 1.5 cup pure grain alcohol + 1.5 cup water)
---------------------------------------
1 1/4 cup (300 ml) granulated sugar

Rinse the fruit or berries. Fruit must be cut into small pieces. Place berries or fruit in a container, add vodka. Cap and store in a cool, dark place, stir once a week for 2 - 4 weeks. Strain through metal colander. Transfer the unsweetened liqueur to an ageing container (glass bottle or container with tight cap). To 3 cups (710) ml unsweetened liqueur add 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) granulated sugar. Let age for at least three months. Pour carefully the clear liqueur to a new bottle. Add more sugar if necessary.

The fruit used for liqueur making can be used as desserts: mix with sugar and use with ice-cream.

It is going to be tough to wait the four months until it is ready!
Hmm, peaches will be in season soon. Peach liqueur might be tastey as well.

The last recipe I made will be posted tomorrow. Anyone have any guesses what it could be?

1 Comments:

Anonymous RedWolf said...

1150 visitors! That's pretty cool. Congrats! I see you added the Neocounter. Isn't it fun to see where people are visiting from? I love it.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 peas Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Site Ring
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet