Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl: The Ultimate Banana Bread Recipe

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Ultimate Banana Bread Recipe

While I was baking my peanut butter cookies the other day, I decided to make a batch of my famous banana bread. I had noticed that I had two overripe bananas and what a better way to use them up.
This recipe is another one of More Gram's. My family has had this recipe for as long as I can remember and it is one of my favourites to make. Just like my Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe, I was making this when I first started to cook. My family is quite small and close so whenever I would bake a pie, or a batch of bread, Grandma and More Gram always got some. It was one of their favourites too.
Whenever I take a pie or banana bread into work, it is gone the same day. I always give More Gram the credit.
Now there is one ingredient listed that when you look at it, I am sure you will say "WTF" to yourself, but it really makes the recipe. Trust me. You can also use this recipe for muffins too. Just adjust the time accordingly.

More Gram's Banana Bread

2 overripe bananas
1 egg
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
dash of vanilla

Mix all of the above throughly then add the following:

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients well and pour into loaf pan and bake at 350* for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Or pour into muffin tins and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The Miracle Whip make the bread moist and adds a subtle flavour.

*As a treat, I sometimes add 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips*

9 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

My aunt has a cake recipe that calls for Miracle Whip a Coke! It makes it supper fluffy and moist. Mmmmm!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I meant "super". That's so funny because when I was a little girl I made my dad a father's day card that read "To a Supper Dad!" He looks at it and says, "That's all you kids ever think about- food!"

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Good! At least i am not the only one who has heard of using Miracle Whip in a cake recipe!
The coke sounds interesting! I have made cola chicken before.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Was the cola chicken good? It sounded interesting when I heard about it before, but I just couldn't bring myself to try it yet.

10:33 AM  
Blogger exhale said...

Hi... its nice to see a blog with some real 'content.' Thanks for the banana bread recipe! Have a great weekend.

~Rob from Sarnia

toflight.blogspot.com

7:47 AM  
Blogger "Kreative Karma" said...

Oh my! Thanks for the recipe.. saw a banana bread recipe with Mirical Whip in it on a website and I thought, HOW ODD... then I did a search for it and your blog was one of the first to come up!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Yum!! You should submit this recipe to the Moist Banana Bread Contest:

http://www.squidoo.com/moist-banana-bread-recipe

Winner gets a $50 gift card to Sur La Table!!

blessings,

Shauna

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there anything miracle whip doesn't improve!? haha

love it in banana bread!! :)

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 peas Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Site Ring
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet