Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl: Me, Myself and I

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Me, Myself and I

Not much has happened in this last week, which is good. After all of the people laid off at work, schedule changes, training, inspections, etc it was nice to have a somewhat normal week at work. But it was slow. Which makes for a long day and long week.
Last weekend I went to a local apple festival. It was a beautiful day and I bought some of my favourite candles, 3 lbs of apples, gourdes and a kick-ass apple peeler/corder/cutter. It works great! I used it on the 3 lbs of apples and made 2 apple crisps... one small one for home, a large one for work. I should have bought more apples!
Here is the recipe that I use:

Apple Crisp
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 quarts peeled, cored and sliced apples

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon,
nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
Sprinkle apple slices with crumb mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.

Makes a 9x13 pan.

The S.O. is away up north for two nights so I have the place to myself until Sunday afternoon. I think I will take the dog to the groomers, pick up some sushi for supper and some snacks for later and maybe a movie. Exactly the weekend I need.
I am still suffering from that rash and my allergist appointment is just over a week away. I have been spacing out my predisone to make it last. But I have to be drug free for 4 days before I go. IT WILL BE HELL I am sure. I finally found a few conditions that it could be so I will show them to the doctor and see what he has to say. The last one I found really sounds like it could be it. It is called Atopic Dermatitis, which is a type of eczema. As long as I can find out what it definitely is, that is all that matters!

17 Comments:

Blogger LoraLoo said...

Thanks for the Apple Crisp recipe, it's a perfect Fall thing to eat.

How's your rash? Seen the doctor yet? Hope all is good!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend,

I'm interested to know the cost/standard of living in Canada compared to US. It'll be great if you can provide some input.

Thanks,
Anon

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh I love apple crisp.
Thanks for tomorrow's dessert idea!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Where have you gone, Jennifer?

4:24 PM  
Blogger pastamasta said...

Mmm... that recipe looks DELISH. I shall be trying it out this weekend...

8:19 AM  
Anonymous marco said...

lol... you have on your player 3 of my favorite songs! I am going to a Depeche Mode Concert in Febfruary in Madrid ^^

Congratulations for your blog and a big kiss from Spain ;)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

It sounds very tasty, thank You very much for recipe... I going to make this crisp...

About your rash...I hope everything will be fine...

6:13 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Bonnie said...

Hi, I wrote back a while ago and kept this site on my favorites list, I have tried the apple crisp before, again my Mom made this recipe, she is norweigan. It is kind of weird, we also had some big lay off's I work for a large manufacturing company, I am the customer returned goods coordinator, in other words I deal with all the mess up's our company produces, lol.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Bonnie said...

Sorry should have previewed my post before loaded it, I just noticed I spelt Norwegian wrong. :-)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Twinkle said...

Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading it.
I too am a 30something woman, I live in the UK and have just started my own blog....it's just my ramblings and scribbles!! Pop by sometime and say Hi...would love to welcome you! :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

You have got really useful information. I think most of the people around us are suffering from the weight problem. I am also having the same weight problem. My aim is to lose 30 pounds by New Year. While looking for some in this regard, I found a really useful weight loss site. The owner of this site, Brad himself is going through the weight loss process. So he is sharing with us really useful weight loss stuff. On Brad site you are going to get really helpful fast weight loss with many successful weight loss stories and the motivation you required for losing weight.

3:04 AM  
Anonymous dogs said...

hi

very good blog

3:51 PM  
Blogger christine_annabelle said...

Hi, I didn’t have any other way to reach you so I’m leaving you a comment. You have been chosen by Annabelle cosmetics to try out our new product: the volumelash.com mascara.
Email me at christine@annabellecosmetics.com and I’ll send you all the info you need to get your free mascara.
Sounds good?
Christine from Annabelle

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Cristina said...

Thanks for your recipe its a perfect for any one

2:59 AM  
Anonymous How to lose fat quickly said...

I will try this but no meal is over unless there is a desert involved. If you are here in America, you know that most of the deserts out there are bad for you. They are loaded with salt, sugar and or fat. We have become a nation of junk food addicts. I do have a theory on this. I think that when a group of people experience wealth, their diets change. I know that this is simple and even a moron can come up with something like this, but hear me out. When a group of people have enough money that they have a choice of what they will eat, they will choose to go along with the more fatty foods. I think this is because we tend to store fat to keep us warm for the winter.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Sophie345 said...

Apple Crisps, my favorite, I want to share another recipe, check it if you want. http://j.gs/1FhU

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 peas Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Site Ring
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet