Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl: Uugh

Friday, September 09, 2005

Uugh

So two days after I finished my steroids for the rash, it came back. I left work early yesterday as I was so exhausted that I could barely keep my eyes open. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday where she should give me another prescription and send me off to an allergist. WTF is going on?!? I had plans all day tomorrow so I had to cancel those and I have nothing going on Sunday so it looks like a weekend on the couch for me.

We have a meeting at work with our manager on Tuesday. We are assuming that it will be the announcemnet on what is going to happen to our division. Hey, I don't care who buys us, just as long we all have a job. We think the layoffs will be management only. Someone needs to run the lab right? And if some lab personnel are let go, we figure the ones close to retirement will take a package.

The S.O. has been on contract for 3 years and as soon as he heard about my job, he got pretty worried. Wouldn't that be wonderful if we were both out of a job? But I think I am safe and he has an interview for a full time position! He is so excited as am I! He has applied every year to get hired full time and has never been given an interview. He says it is a really good sign and from what he has heard, the "interview" is just a formality. So hopefully he will know next week! Keep your fingers crossed! He wanted to get full time before he proposed to me. Maybe his will mean we can finally get married. I'm not getting any younger. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

Sorry to hear about the rash. I hope the allergist figures out what that's all about.

Right now I'm unemployed and SSB is two months away from his plant closing up for good. It's both a scary and wonderful time for us. He hates his job, so this finally gives him an excuse to do something else. But I am not exactly easily employable due to my jill-of-all-trades-master-of-none experiences and an injury that I sustained a few years back that limits how far I can travel for work as well as the type of work that I am able to perform. I have been lucky in the past about employers taking a chance on me. They have NEVER been disappointed!

I hope everything works out for you and your guy. In fact, I'm sure it will. I believe that there are doors opening all the time, you just have to know what to look for.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous RedWolf said...

They're announcing "cut backs" at my place of employment next week. They let us all know last week that it was coming, but we don't find out until next week who will be cut. The not-knowing has everyone on edge.

9:38 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Ack! The rash came back?? I hope they figure out what that's all about - it can't be easy or comfortable!!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous melekler korusun final bölümü izle said...

thank you

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 peas Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Site Ring
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: A Day in the Life of a Canadian Girl
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet